A gorgeous chicken salad that can be served warm or cold, perfect for a quick healthy supper.
As part of an Intermittent diet plan, 1 serving provides 2 of your 6 daily vegetable portions. This meal provides 205 kcal per portion.
- 2 small chicken breasts, boned, skinned and cut in half
- calorie controlled cooking oil spray
- 1 large orange or red pepper, deseeded and cut in to chunks
- 1 little gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 50g/1¾oz watercress, tough stalks removed
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes, cut into small chunks
- ⅓ cucumber, sliced
- 1 tsp thick balsamic vinegar
- ½ small lemon, juice only
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Season the chicken pieces on both sides with salt and pepper. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook the chicken pieces for three minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Spray the pan with a little more oil and cook the pepper for three minutes on each side or until lightly charred and beginning to soften.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves, watercress, tomatoes, cucumber and pepper on two plates.
- Slice the chicken breasts and scatter on top of salad. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and squeeze the lemon juice over. Season with black pepper and serve.