This recipe is great as it’s coconut refreshing also it can be made two days ahead so nice for dinner parties. It’s easy to make this dairy free, but you can also use regular milk if allergies aren’t an issue.
- 3 sheets fine-leaf gelatine
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 150ml almond or soya milk (regular is fine, too)
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- finely grated zest of 2 limes
- 400g pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
Prep:20min › Cook:2hr › Ready in:2hr20min
- Soak gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes or until soft. Put the coconut milk and sugar in a pan and heat until bubbling. Stir in the lime zest and remove from the heat.
- Lift the gelatine from the water and stir into the milk until dissolved. Pour into four 150ml moulds or ramekins, or even small cups. Leave to cool, then put on a plate in the fridge. Chill for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Chop pineapple into small pieces. Turn the pannacottas out on to plates and scatter the pineapple around if you wish they look quite plain if you don’t. Then sprinkle with a little demerara sugar.